The Stradivari Trust
syndicates help some
of Britain’s finest musicians
Here are some of the schemes for which we have successfully raised the money to acquire the instrument on the musician’s behalf. These musicians are now in the process of buying back ‘shares’ from their syndicate Contributors at each annual valuation – with the ultimate goal of owning the instruments outright.
- Alex RedingtonAlex Redington
Since the age of 15 Alex has been the first violist of the Doric String Quartet
- Alicja SmietanaAlicja Smietana
Born in 1983 in Krakow, Alicja is a winner of numerous competitions and awards.
- Bartholomew LaFolletteBartholomew LaFollette
A British/American cellist who has developed his career as an international soloist.
- Beatrix LovejoyBeatrix Lovejoy
Beatrix has played as a soloist throughout Europe and North America.
- Charlotte ScottCharlotte Scott
Charlotte began playing the violin at the age of seven.
- Christopher JonesChristopher Jones
Originally from London, Ontario, Christopher Jones read music at McGill University.
- Davina ClarkeDavina Clarke
A graduate of the Royal Academy of Music and The University of Manchester
- Emily AshtonEmily AshtonEmily Ashton studied music at Clare College, Cambridge, and baroque cello and viola da gamba with Jonathan Manson at the …
- Jacqueline ShaveJacqueline Shave
Jacqueline received her formal training at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
- Jamie WaltonJamie Walton
Jamie won a scholarship to Wells Cathedral School, where he was one of William Pleeth’s last students.
- Jennifer PikeJennifer Pike
Jennifer gained international recognition in 2002, when, aged 12.
- John MetcalfeJohn Metcalfe
The Ceruti is one of the loves of my life. I will never tire of its gorgeous sounds and timbres.
- Jonny ByersJonny Byers
Jonathan began playing the cello at the age of seven and went on to study at the Royal Academy of Music
- Joseph DevalleJoseph Devalle
Joe is one of the UK’s up-and-coming young violinists.
- Josephine KnightJosephine KnightKnown for her versatility as a soloist, chamber musician, director and teacher, Josephine has toured the world for many years. …
- Julia LoucksJulia Loucks
Julia moved to London to pursue her postgraduate studies at the Royal College of Music
- Kate GouldKate Gould
Previously as a member of the Leopold String Trio and now the London Bridge Trio
- Lawrence PowerLawrence Power
Lawrence is International Professor of Viola at the Züricher Hochschule der Künste
- Lucy-Rose GrahamLucy-Rose Graham
Lucy-Rose was awarded a music scholarship to Oakham School at the age of 11.
- Nigel KennedyNigel KennedyIn 1985 Nigel Brown decided to help out a young violinist just starting to make a name for himself. That …
- Rebecca GreenstreetRebecca Greenstreet
Rebecca obtained her postgraduate degree with Distinction in 2014 from the Royal Academy of Music.
- Rosalind VentrisRosalind VentrisWe are hoping to start a scheme for Rosalind Ventris as soon as she has identified a suitable viola. Watch …
- Sophie RosaSophie Rosa
Sophie Rosa is rapidly emerging as one of the UK’s most exciting young violinists.
- Sophie RosaSophie RosaSophie has performed regularly throughout the UK and internationally from a very young age, studying at Chetham’s School of Music …
- Stephen UpshawStephen Upshaw
Stephen has won several competitions and played in festivals around the world.
- Virginia SlaterVirginia Slater
London-born violist Virginia Slater began playing the viola at the age of six, when her older brother and sister decided to take up the violin.